Want to submit an adventure race to our race calendar? Read our guide first.
- This event has passed.
Crooked Compass Adventure Trek
April 7, 2018 @ 08:00 - 16:00
The Crooked Compass Adventure Trek is part-adventure racing, part-rogaining, and part-walk in the woods! Solos and teams of 2-4 will travel by foot, on-trail and off, using pre-plotted water resistant maps and compass as they locate as many checkpoints as possible within the time allotted.
This year’s course offers a challenging but beautiful journey, complete with cliffs, caves, creeks, ridgeline views, and a touch of fascinating local history too. With sweeping views and rugged terrain, the Crooked Compass serves as great training for bigger events, whether you are taking on a 24 hour adventure race, the four day Untamed New England expedition race, or our very own two day Stockville in the fall. And if you’re new to adventure racing, this is a great introductory event that will challenge and give you a taste for what the sport is.
- The full course includes roughly 20 miles of travel (depending on route choice)
- The minimum mandatory course is approximately 11-12 miles
- All racers can expect some significant off-trail travel
- The terrain is quite rocky and steep at times there are some stretches of the course during which you will be able to use trails and forest roads, but again, expect some considerable time off trail.
- 1:24,000 USGS topographic maps
- Supplemental state forest maps
Organized by: Rootstock Racing